Friday, June 11, 2010

A Wonderful Hospital!

Fredericksburg is a city of under 10,000 people, so we think it is quite amazing that it would have a new, extremely modern, and wonderful hospital. When we arrived early yesterday morning, there was a volunteer in a golf cart to take us from the car to the hospital door. The staff has been caring, professional, extremely competent, cheerful, and wonderful! Yesterday while I was in the waiting room, Dr. Jones's surgery nurse Leah continued to call me from the surgical room to give me periodic updates on what had been done, the results seen, and what was remaining to be completed. That was such a thoughtful gesture which continued to give me confidence and reassurance that all was going well. Immediately after the surgery, Dr. Jones came to see me in the waiting room and talk about the entire procedure, which was also reassuring. When he was moved from post-op recovery to his room, they called me to come to the room then, as well. A hospital chaplain has come by to visit and give a blessing, which we appreciated. They have shown me the Nourishment Center with snacks, bouillion, coffee, and tea available. All of that has helped so much!

But there is one special thing that has really endeared this hospital to me. Yesterday when I was walking down the hall, I heard the first few measures of "Brahm's Lullabye." A little further down the hall, and I saw the sign that explained it. Every time a baby is born in the hospital, "Brahm's Lullabye" is played. It serves as a lovely reminder that in the midst of people needing healing and help, there is a wonderful new little being joining us! What a wonderful way to celebrate a birth and bring a smile!

No comments: