Thursday, April 16, 2009

I must say that I delight in so many things, especially my dear sweetie and our family. Sometimes, however, I get the distinct feeling that we operate in our own little world. Although several of the kids have generously offered for us to stay in their areas, the truth of the matter is that they are fully occupied with their own domains. Granted, they would be kind and solicitous and help us in our needs, such as they are, but in reality, they have their own lives, their own occupations, and their own interests, all of which are different and separate from ours. It caused me to think last week about our lives and our futures. At our ages, one must actually proceed to deal with that issue realistically. So, we talked about what we "would do," a topic which does not appeal to either of us. Actually, I cannot even bear to think of a life without 1HW. He is my helpmate, my joy, my life. But, in grim reality, we both need to consider that. The answer is, we do not know. Maybe the answer would be just to stay here. It is really hard to ascertain at the moment. We do have friends here, and we love Kerrville. But we always miss being with family, even though their lives are really filled to the max. So, the answer remains unsolved for now. We continue to hope that it is a question we do not need to deal with in the immediate future. But after watching and dealing with Mom in her mid-nineties, with no one knowing how to deal with her, we certainly do not want that same situation to occur with us! It is a challenge and a dilemma!
Growing old, as Mom says, is indeed not for sissies!

No comments: