Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ramblings

As much as I hate to admit it, my mood right before leaving Syracuse was pretty dismal. Maybe it was the gray scene, or maybe it was our trying to deal with Mom, who at 95 seems to refuse to recognize that she needs to leave her house there. We understand her feelings, but, at the same time, we realize that fewer people are now available to come to her aid at any given time. It is a dilemma.

She had mentioned the need to move, and we immediately found the perfect place near where Maurice and Gary live, a lovely apartment which even has a long-time friend in an apartment there and a doctor on the premises. After stepping in the door, she refused to look at it and wouldn't speak to the four of us, pouting for two days. As we were leaving, she said she might go see it again, but we doubt that anything will come of it. We want to remind all of our children and grands that if the need arises, they should, if necessary, bodily remove us! It certainly makes us more thankful to have sold the house and the antique business, to have fewer "things" with which to deal. "Things" are just not so important to us now!

Most fortunately, 1 HW helped me to get past my gloomy mood with advice he has given me many times when I forget it: GIVE IT AWAY! That advice worked once again for me, as it always does. If you have never tried that approach to dealing with troubles or problems, we would both encourage you to try it! Thanks Sweetie! I love you!

No comments: