Saturday, November 17, 2007

A New Challenge...

Those of you who know me may find this hard to believe! I am actually finding artistic buds arising within me! It all happened quite by accident after 1HW had created his stained glass cat, Mr. Magoo, fashioned after a picture my sister Susie sent him. Clearly, Mr. Magoo was a hit (he was the first sale at the Artfest), but he needed a companion: a dawg. We looked all over for funny pictures of dawgs to adapt and found nothing. So I began playing around with pictures of actual dogs I found online. The more I played with the sketches, the more fun I had, until, finally one seemed to come to life with enough whimsy to appeal, yet still looking like a dawg. 1HW liked him, too, and so set out to create him in glass, of course in somewhat crazy colors. And so, Mr. Droopy was born. And, unbelievably, he was a hit! He didn't sell, but he did cause attention and smiles, which is what we always want to do. When we stopped to say goodbye to brother-in-law Mike before we left Albuquerque, he asked about the dog, if it had sold, and proclaimed it to be his favorite piece in the show! Hugs and kisses for you, Mikey! He also wanted to know if I could do a Sheltie like that. And then, of course, you know how we like Scotties and Westies... What a fun new challenge! Any more new ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.