Monday, October 29, 2007

Golden Books

Did you ever read those old, wonderful Golden Books when you were a kid? Herb and I loved them and practically wore them out from reading them over and over. Lately, it seems to me that I've started to resemble some of the characters in them!

It has occurred to me quite often that I am in WAY over my head in attempting to complete some of these computer projects for 1HW's glass enterprise. It rather is like the Pokey Little Puppy, forever sticking his nose under a strange fence, where he had NO business being, getting his nose stung by a bee, and finding himself on his backend, trying to decide which end to rub. That is how I am feeling by this attempt to do a web site. It is taking no end of patience, and I am seriously wondering about my mental health and why I have tried to take on this project!

But, then Tootle and The Little Engine Who Could magically appear! Remember them? "I think I can, I think I can," and then triumphantly, "I knew I could!" So right now I am caught between the two, having first finished and printed off the business cards, including a picture, and then finally having completed the brochure layout and having taken it to the printer. Finally, on Friday, they called to say the brochures were ready, and I went over, barely able to look at the final project, fearing that it would be a disaster. BUT.... lo and behold! WHOOOO-HOOOOOO! We like it! Amazing! It is, indeed, a moral victory, and I have stalled off Alzheimer's for at least another week! "I knew I could, I knew I could!" Now, about that web site.....

2 comments:

sperlonga said...

Good for you!!! Alzheimer's could never catch up to you! We are disappointed about Thanksgiving. You know you always can hang out here for as long as you want... Look forward to seeing you again.

C and J said...

Yes, we are disappointed, too, but this is better for everyone! Thank you for the offer, but we know you will be full, too! We miss you, too, and will really look forward to seeing you later!
Hugs!